Dealing with data


       Dealing with data

An eye-opening review of the extent of what can be done using Google forms, sheets and analysis. I wished I had known previously the affordances they offered and how more quickly tasks could be done. There are so many ways that tasks, recordings, directions and sites could be made so they were easy to navigate and find. This has not been an aspect of my work that I have felt competent in, except for using tables and graphs for research and organisation.  The connections being made with our learning is continuously building on what we are doing every week and how it can make our workflow better. I also envisage students coming up with ideas for the use of tables and graphs to illustrate design features and create games.

The group have continued to play an active part in collaboration and contribution at our DFI  It is so good to see how the group have embraced Manaiakalani values, pedagogy and kaupapa. They are also looking ahead and thinking how they can use what they have learnt and how they can do more integration of subjects. I am enjoying working with both Vicki and Makaore and seeing the effect they are having on adult learners of varying competencies. They are certainly contextualising and differentiating the learning and no question is a dumb question.  I will need to do some rewindable learning as the other teachers are using both sheets and forms more regularly in their practise than I am. So the pace has been a bit fast picking up such a lot of content.

Comments

  1. Anne, I always enjoy reading your posts after our DFI sessions. As you know sheets is something I love and am happy to provide rewindable content for you. One place to start could be the toolkit I did earlier in the year on Sheets and the video can be found on the toolkits.manaiakalani.org site. Please let me know if there is more you would like rewindable and I'm happy to provide for you :)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Design Thinking

Create Create Create